Some new thoughts....

So.... I have been thinking about data logging. I found some cheap GPS shields for the arduino/netduino that could be integrated into my project rather easily. It would require creating a simple multiplexor to allow for use of both the shield and the sensors that are currently utilizing the standard pins. So it would not be much trouble to do so.

A GPS shield combined with an accelerometer would give me rather accurate acceleration, speed, and location metrics. With a simple translation algorithm, I could display the acceleration, speed, A/F Ratio, RPM, and other sensor data inside of Google Maps as route plot points. I could then host this data on either my Azure or Rackspace servers, which would then let me share this info with anyone. With the addition of a simple GPRS module, this data could be displayed on the map in real time.

 Hell, I could even utilize SignalR as a real-time communications channel through simple hub hosted on my servers. Tuning my twin-turbo, big block nova via the cloud.... now that is a scary concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 mid-year update

Time for an upgrade

I was going to do some welding today, but. ....