Not sure if I can call it 'Twin turbo nova project' anymore...

So, I have done a lot of changes over the past 8 months....

In December, I started building new stainless turbo manifolds to replace the 10 year old ones we build that had been suffering from cracking issues.










Then in January, I ran into a clearance problem where the new manifolds were too close to the control arms. So I did a full QA1 Stage 3 suspension setup to get a bit more clearance compared to the stock stamped steel ones.




I was nearly finished building the manifolds, when the wife and I got to talking. We want to do one of the Race Week events sometime in the next 2 years. The twin turbo vortec 8100 is an awesome project, but we didn't think it stood a chance of living through 3,000+ miles of driving in the course of just a few weeks. It had cooling issues, a small oil leak I couldn't find, and I still needed to upgrade the torque converter, hook up the timing control, and finish the turbo manifolds and downpipes.

So I was browsing and found something that caught my eye. I jokingly sent it to the wife, she looked it over, and said:

Wife: "would it be reliable?"
Me: "Yes. It even comes with a 3 year warranty"

Wife: "Will it be fast?"
Me: "Yes, it is 650 hp out of the box, 850 hp with minor mods"

Wife: "Does this qualify as a 'Dream Engine' for the Nova?"
Me: "Yep."

Wife: "ok, then order it."
Me: "..... ok"







So now the Nova has a 650hp LT4 with an 8L90e transmission, straight from GM Performance.

I have spent the past few months getting everything all sorted.... so without delaying any further, enjoy a photo dump.

Cutting out the trans tunnel


Sound deadening install



Unboxing the LT4 and Installing Holley HotRod oil pan






Speed Engineering LT Swap Header Install




Trans Tunnel Modifications








2019 Camaro SS Shifter and Mount









Dirty Dingo Mount Adaptors






Engine and Trans Ready to go in





Fabricated Fuel Access Hatch in the trunk for the new tank


Clearancing the Crossmember for the Alternator








Water Pump Modification to eliminate interference with control arm








Power Steering Return Line Bracket Fabrication





Trans Cooler Line Install






Air to Water Intercooler Reservoir Fab and Install





Power Steering Reservoir Mount and Install







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 mid-year update

Time for an upgrade

I was going to do some welding today, but. ....