Update! (a lot has happened since last update)

A lot has happened since my last update. It's not that I haven't been working on the car, because I have been, but its been a long while since I have remembered to make a post here. In fact, the only reason I remembered to update this was because an Amazon rep did some research on me and found this blog and referenced it in a recruitment email.

Since then I have converted the car over from a modified Barry Grant 750 to a FiTech 1200hp PA system:


I have installed a new Yukon Duragrip limited slip in the rear end, using the same 2.73 gears that was in the car. So the car is no longer a 1-wheeled-wonder burnout machine.


I also replaced the Sumimoto Treadwear 300 tires with a set of Firestone Potenza RE-71Rs, that are significantly stickier.



I have also replaced the completely blown out air shocks (that were on the car when we bought it) with a new set of Bilsteins.


I have also replaced the inner and outer wheel bearings on the front end, since the ones in there were loose.


I have begun fabricating a center console made from MDF. Still have quite a bit of work to do, as it will be housing a 10" touchscreen that will be running Android Auto. Also can't forget the cupholders I need to add.



I have begun installing the roll bar, which I really only wanted so I could have a better mounting point for the seatbelts.



And finally, I have installed new big block front springs, all new polyurethane bushings for the upper and lower A-arms, new tie rod ends, new ball joints, new idler arm, and everything else having to do with the front suspension. But unfortunately I did not take any pictures of that.

So, with that said, the car is a blast to drive. Currently sitting at 7-9 psi of boost, and still a handful when you get on the throttle.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 mid-year update

Time for an upgrade

I was going to do some welding today, but. ....